Libations Clear for Take Off
Did you know you can take libations on a plane? Well you most definitely can! Every time I fly for leisure I take my personal bar with me. It’s my fiscally responsible way of pregaming before I arrive to my location.
You can bring a quart-sized bag of liquids (TSA didn’t specify which kind), aerosols, gels, creams and pastes in your carry-on bag and through the checkpoint. These are limited to travel-sized containers that are 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters) or less per item. Placing these items in the small bag and separating from your carry-on baggage facilitates the screening process. I like to put my bag in the very front pocket of my carry-on or someplace easily accessible like my purse.
There are some pros and cons to this. So really think about it before you prepare your personal bar for takeoff.
• Cheap alternative to expensive in-flight cocktails.
• You are not limited to the in-flight cocktail selections. I like my options and some airlines just don’t cut it.
• It will help some people to relax and sleep during a flight.
• It adds a level of excitement to your travel experience. I feel like I’m living life on the edge.
• It’s perfect for leisure travel.
• Did I mention it’s a cheap alternative to expensive in-flight cocktails?
• It’s not ideal if you’re only carrying a personal bag on the plane. It will take up some space for personal hygiene items.
• You increase your chances for dehydration. Your body goes through a lot while in flight. Be sure to hydrate a little more than usual.
• Some people may try to give you hard time out of personal beliefs.
• Be smart if you’re not a drinker don’t do this. Please know your limits. A good time isn’t worth being banned from an airport.
• When traveling on business be mindful what the rules are for the company/organization you work for. It may go against their code of conduct.
• If you must drive when you reach your destination, it’s totally not worth the risk. Be sure to have the logistics of travel determined before your departure.
Comment Below: Have you done this? Are you afraid to try it out?